06 August 2010

Pedal For the Kids (and then with the kids!)

The end of my Three Reasons summer is in sight!  I'm finally getting everything packed and loaded today for my Courage Classic ride this weekend.  With over 1,600 cycling miles on my legs this year, I feel ready.  I'm still second guessing my lack of fenders and my choice to ride a road bike instead of my Xtracycle, but I know that once I get on course everything will work itself out.

The Road Cone!
Thanks to the generosity of others, I've earned the chance to take this 3-day cycling vacation.  I'll be riding with many friends from the Harmon Bike Club and Pierce County Rotary clubs, and taking in some beautiful Cascade mountain scenery.  There's even going to be an outdoor movie screening and Red Hook beer gardens in the evenings.

And, it's not too late to contribute to my effort to Stop the Cycle of Child Abuse and be entered to win a sweet Swag Bag from TBR.  You can donate here through Monday evening and we'll announce a winner on Tuesday.  Just $5 gets your name in the hat.  Good luck!



TBR will be offline until then, but meanwhile you should be making plans to attend Fiets of Parenthood in Seattle August 15.  For me, the biggest challenge will be getting my kids and cargo bike up north, but we're hoping to represent Tacoma in this super fun event.



Now go ride your bike!

No comments: