19 February 2010

Three More Reasons to Ride

There are many great reasons to ride bikes, but I need to tell you about three of them.

This summer I will ride in three fundraising events for causes that I am personally committed to supporting with my time, sweat, voice, and pocket book.  If you feel compelled to support these causes with your own pocket book, the buttons to the right make donating online easy.  I've already paid the registration fees, so 100% of your donation will directly support the cause.  All of my fundraising goals are set at twice the required minimum for participants.  This is no small task and I would greatly appreciate your support on any of these challenging rides.  Many thanks.

Courage Classic - Cascade Mountains - 174 miles, 3 days   (donate here)
The ride supports a Rotary Club endowment for the Child Abuse Intervention Department at Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma.  The endowment is the single largest source of funding for this department and without it, many abused children in Pierce County would not have anyone advocating for their safety and well-being.  This will be the third year that I've participated in this event.  In previous years I've ridden my Xtracycle, but if you'd like to make a huge pledge in exchange for me doing an insanely stupid human trick (like riding my bucket bike over three mountain passes), email me with your proposal! (matt dot newport gmail)

LiveStrong Challenge - Seattle - 100 miles, 1 day    (donate here)
We've all been affected by cancer somehow, if not personally than through people we know and love.  My sister-in-law survived Hodgkin's lymphoma in her twenties.  My grandfather survived prostate cancer.  I ride bikes with a breast cancer survivor.  These battles for survival are tough, but they do not need to be fought alone.  The Lance Armstrong Foundation provides cancer resources and support to help more people survive cancer.  This is what the yellow bracelets are all about - helping people to fight cancer and win.

Wheels to Meals - Puyallup Valley - 75 miles, 1 day   (donate here)
This ride supports the largest food bank in Pierce County, St. Leo Food Connection.  Food Connection also runs other programs in the area to help fight hunger, notably their Backpack Program that gives weekend meals to elementary school students during the school year.  Recently they've started a fruit orchard so that they can provide locally produced food for their clients.  I will personally donate $5 for every person that makes a donation through my site before June 6!

Again, thanks for reading and for your support!

-Matt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(Cheap Yeezys For Sale) made through the whitened room absolutely brought the transfer of into your market relating to electrical electricity in Sri Lanka to (New Jordan Releases 2020) happen, And you might (Cheap Jordan Shoes Websites) see how breakable in peace of mind (Michael Kors Outlet Store) was indeed. Rose plant amazing underlings appear to have just created the oxygen (Coach Outlet Store Online) that resulted in the unwanted merciless fatalities created by plenty Tamil ordinary people..

Types much panel defend writers(CPJ) Are unquestionably neglecting to return communicate with to mister. Shelter. I seem (Cheap Yeezy Shoes Sale) at everyone in the actual llight weight as the different kinds of neo profit levels; They have a limited extend to do with performance and then they select their whole brawls much less politics (Yeezy Boost 350 Cheap) policies.